TrevorLIVE LA 2016 Event Activation
Toyota Financial Services (TFS) and Toyota Motor North North America (TMNA) are long-time supporters of The Trevor Project, the leading provider of suicide prevention and crisis intervention programs for LGBT youth and young adults. TFS and TMNA sponsored the organization's largest annual event, TrevorLIVE, a celebratory fundraising event featuring impactful performances and speeches. Ryan coordinated the social media integration, hired and trained brand representatives, and implemented an iPad Pro to replace the traditional wheel stand display with interactive elements.
Red Carpet Facebook Livestream
People Reached by TrevorLIVE LA 2016 Livestream: 3,264,730
The entire TrevorLIVE event was livestreamed to Facebook, including red carpet interviews with the TFS logo on the step-and-repeat and interviews in front of the 2018 Toyota CH-R. Microphone wrapped with the TFS logo; logo placement on livestream player; and (3) 30-second ads.
2018 Toyota CH-R Vehicle Display
Newly revealed at the LA Auto Show, the 2018 Toyota CH-R had incredible visibility to all guests at TrevorLIVE as well as the 3+ million online viewers. Well-lit and positioned in front of a TFS-branded step-and-repeat, it served as the backdrop for red carpet interviews during the livestream.
Ryan hired and trained the product specialist, who was on-site to engage event guests, market the all-new CH-R, and answer questions about any model in the Toyota lineup. Ryan also implemented an iPad Pro on a floor stand with info and visuals of the CH-R. This replaced the traditional wheel stand display, highlighting Toyota as innovative and tech-savvy. It kept guests at the activation longer, and also saved long-term costs of repeatedly renting a wheel stand and printing info for every event.
Roaming Social Media Photography
- Two brand representatives used FotoZap app on iPads to take photos of guests with a branded overlay.
- 150+ photos were taken, which were then emailed or texted to the guests.
- Photos could be easily downloaded and shared to social media sites with pre-populated copy and #LoveDrives and #TrevorLIVE hashtags.
Ongoing Contest During the Event
- To keep up the momentum of posting to social media with #LoveDrives throughout the event, an Amazon Echo Dot was awarded approximately every 30 minutes.
- Winners' names were added to a template, and then uploaded to iPad center pieces on every dinner table in the ballroom.
Toyota Financial Twitter Engagement
- 3% average engagement rate, up from November 2016 average of 0.47%.
- Five total tweets were posted: two pre-event, two during the event, and one post-event.
- Total of 10,095 impressions; 116 engagements.