Toyota Financial Services, Torrance, Calif. – Corporate Communications Administrator (March 2016 – Present)
- Support the public relations team in development and implementation of external communication products, including news releases, key messages, and other press materials.
- Promote philanthropic support through traditional media, social media, and internal corporate channels. Nonprofit partners include GLAAD, The Trevor Project, AIDS Walk, LA LGBT Center, The Ally Coalition, The Point Foundation, Boys & Girls Clubs, Girl Scouts and others.
- Partner with agencies and key stakeholders in development of public relations campaigns.
- Facilitate brand presence with external event organizers, and train brand representatives.
- Negotiate contracts, manage budgets, oversee vendor approval process, and fulfill payments.
- Led activation of AIDS/LifeCycle, a seven-day, 545-mile bike ride, engaging 3,500 participants with experiential marketing, generating 317% growth in newly-launched #LoveDrives social media campaign.
- Managed activation of Sin City Shootout, the world’s largest annual LGBT sporting event, engaging over 8,500 athletes from around the country during a four-day tournament. Led integration of social media campaign using Snapchat geofilters, video capture with Snapchat Spectacles, and a green screen photo booth, and partnered with graphic designers to create ads and other presenting sponsor assets.
- Generated 2,000+ TFS-branded photos of event guests with social media integration.
Celebrity Cruises, Los Angeles, Calif. – Event & Sales Support Specialist (February 2015 – December 2015)
- Managed event activations and acted as brand ambassador to build consumer awareness and sales.
- Events managed ranged from 15 to 5,000 guests, including wine festivals, trade shows, film screenings, fashion shows, culinary events and launch parties.
- Conceptualized and lead new experiential marketing tactics, including pop-ups to localize the national branding campaign as well as Le Dîner en Blanc, a pop-up picnic and dance party in downtown LA.
- Developed new event strategies and designed assets to elevate Celebrity Cruises as “modern luxury.”
- Liaised with travel partners, as well as internal social media and PR teams.
- Managed event assets, ordered collateral, arranged load-in/-out and setup, and coordinated staffing.
- Conducted market research and fulfilled event evaluation reports.
- Supported other regional markets, including Boston and Chicago, to assist with marketing initiatives.
Chapman University, Orange, Calif. – Public Relations Coordinator (April 2013 – February 2015)
- Pitched regional media and coordinated all press inquires.
- Wrote press releases and content for Chapman Magazine and the institutional news blog.
- Coordinated bands for the Summer Concert Series, bringing in 2,500+ attendees each year.
Ryan Hines PR & Social Media, Orange County, Calif. (May 2012 – April 2013)
- Researched trade media targets to develop media lists for pitching.
- Built comprehensive databases to submit speaker proposals and award entries.
- Organized media clippings and supported senior-level staff.
- Developed concept and wrote copy for Orange County Community Foundation annual mailer.
- Built T&Co. website. Designed web banners, logos, and Constant Contact e-newsletters.
Event, Talent Logistics and Production Support, Los Angeles, Calif. (August 2012 – February 2017)
- MTV Video Music Awards – Greeted and managed high-level talent to assist stage managers.
- City of West Hollywood – Facilitated volunteer teams for the Sunset Strip Music Festival; served as event representative at Fashion’s Night Out; coordinated volunteers at WeHo Reads book fair.
Quiksilver Inc.; Huntington Beach, Calif. (October 2011 – June 2012)
- HQ Sales Associate: Launched opening of two stores and coordinated sales at CrossFit Games.
- Event Marketing Intern (Summer ’09): Organized event materials; contributed to public facing blog.
University of South Florida Sport Clubs Program, Tampa, Florida – Supervisor (August 2009 – May 2011)
- Launched branding of the Sport Clubs Program: built website and developed marketing materials.
Skills and Professional Engagement
- Technical Skills – AP style, Graphic Design, Social Media, Website Development.
- Application Proficiency – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Windows 95+ and Mac OS X+; Google Applications (Docs, Maps, Calendar); WordPress; Adobe Creative Apps (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator); Prezi Presentations; iMovie.
- Orange County Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) – Five-year member and 2015 co-chair of PROTOS award judging committee, facilitating entries, judging and prizing of top PR awards.
- Speaker/Panelist – Includes panel discussion on Critical Mass Radio Show and “Marketing Your Shop’s Personality with Video” at Board Retailers Association (BRA) University at Surf Expo, Orlando.
B.A. Mass Communications, Public Relations – Graduated May 2011, University of South Florida; 3.5 GPA